Friday, April 25, 2008

A Little Artist


Alyssa recently received a special art award at school. She was one of 4 kindergarten students who actually participated. One thing about Lissy is that she loves art. Auntie Monica bought her a scrapbook kit and the child never stops creating with it. In fact, it got so bad, I had to lock my craftroom door from her because she was "borrowing" my scrapbook supplies. So, needless to say, this art event was right up her alley. What is more inspiring is that at such a young age, she acknowledges the differences in others and embraces what that has to offer (her project in the above picture was the 2 hands). Mommy did not even intervene with the crooked letters...... those of you who know me realize how difficult this might have been for me :)

We are so blessed to have such a thought provoking, sensitive, and caring kiddo. I can't wait to see what else she can bring to nourish my soul.

No comments: