Monday, August 13, 2007

Best Shot Macro Monday



It's A Macro Monday for me! Have a look at some great Best Shot Monday pics that other mommy's have posted! Share yours, we would love to see!

Today I sent Lissy out on a scavenger hunt with me trying to find something "green" for the theme of today's Macro Monday. She found this beautiful Coneflower growing in our flower bed. I did not plant it there though. Hummm...... really weird. I think maybe it was growing the the same container as something else I had planted, because it was a close neighbor to a Canna. Anyhooooo.... it is a real beauty. It looks like it has about 3 more blossoms on it, I can't wait to see them all. I know, it isn't really green, but has some green, does that count? I am a sucker for this macro lens, let's me get up close and personal with some of my favorite things.

7 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

Wow! Amazing shots. I just love those flowers.

Wil's Wheels said...

I adore coneflowers. These shots are truly wonderful and have made me want to pull out my macro lens...thanks.

Stacy said...

I love macro shots of flowers...that is beautiful. What a nice surprise in your garden!

Melody A. said...

Those are great. You're doing real well with the macro shooting.

tracey clark said...

Wow. How extraordinary. Lovely work.
: ) tracey @ picture this

mystereiss said...

I LOVE these shots. I too like doing closeups of flowers and have many on my blog. But the novice that I am, I'm not sure about the macro (unless it's that button my camera that's for extreme closeups; I use that a lot!)

Dawn said...

by the way, that last comment from "mystereiss" was actually from me. "m" is my husband. he was still logged in. (boys! sheesh!)

oh! and i used to live in S.A. for 12 years ('94 churchill grad & '98 utsa grad) and ironically, i was just there TODAY!

got home an hour ago!